Tuesday, December 14, 2010

November Top 10 with My Mind's Eye

I was seriously shocked at myself when I opened up my November Picture Folder on my desktop to scrapbook my November Top 10 Page for My Mind's Eye. The only pictures I took that month were a few snapshots I captured of a gorgeous November sunset and my dad and brother on their motorcycles. WHAT?! And I call myself a scrapbooker?! Where were the Thanksgiving photos of family gathered together? Where were the pictures of the first snowfall and the kids excitedly exploring the wintry yard? Hmmmmph! I guess I will just have to do better this month. :)

So, I went to my cell phone. The only November photos in there was this one that my son snapped of me while I was cooking for Thanksgiving. "That will have to do," I said to myself. So while this shot isn't of my best side (eh hmmm. My backside. YIKES!) it was the one picture that could help me document my November Top 10 . . . Our Favorite Thanksgiving dishes. :)

NOVEMBER TEN by Jana Eubank







The papers are from the My Mind's Eye So Sophie Graceful Collection. I used a few diecuts layered together with a Hambly rubon and punched flowers to anchor my title (My Mind's Eye Green Lush Chipboard Letters). The punches are by Martha Stewart Crafts. The brad is by Making Memories. The banner shape was handcut by me from some patterned papers. To add some detail to the top of the page, I added a few wax seals that came in a Back Porch Memories kit from a year or two ago.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jana

5 comments:

  1. Stunning layout! Beautiful colors, details, and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana I still love your pages so much, I am just very lazy and never leave comments! I love how you journal too, what a fantastic gift for your kids x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to work with what you've got! This is really cute! (And don't feel bad... I have zero pictures from Thanksgiving, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! Love the colors! I have totally had those months where I couldn't believe I didn't take any pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jana! I'm a huge fan of your scrapbooking style :) I was wondering if you might be interested in being our guest designer on the Melissa Frances blog in 2011? Please email me at schristensen@heartandhome.com. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...